another pulseaudio horror story

Steven P. Ulrick lists-fedora at afolkey2.net
Mon Jan 7 22:37:37 UTC 2008

On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 08:46:09 -0600
Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:

> Kevin Kofler wrote:
>
> > Gene Heskett <gene.heskett <at> verizon.net> writes:
> >> Add me to the list of folks who had to nuke as much of pulseaudio
> >> as I could without ripping out 2/3rds of kde.
> >
> > Huh? What was it trying to remove and why (i.e. what PA stuff did it
> > depend on)? Normally the only KDE package you have to remove when
> > removing PA is kde-settings-pulseaudio (duh...).
>
> and don't forget alsa-plugins-pulseaudio, so in all:
>
> $ yum remove kde-settings-pulseaudio alsa-plugins-pulseaudio
>
> should leave you with a kde desktop free of using pa.

Hello Rex :)
In another email on this thread, I quoted what yum wanted to remove
when I ran the command "yum remove pulseaudio*"  Like others on this
thread have remarked, it sure wants to remove quite a bit...

BUT, then I read your message and I ran "yum remove
kde-settings-pulseaudio alsa-plugins-pulseaudio" and I got my sound
back with no further steps whatsoever :)

Thank you VERY much,
Steven P. Ulrick