Email delivery (sendmail->procmail->$HOME/mbox) with fallback

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jan 8 01:51:36 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-01-07 at 17:20 -0800, Tim Alberts wrote:
> After going to several other topics, I find my idea for NFS mounted
> email delivery won't work:
>
> http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/5.1/Deployment_Guide/s2-server-mail-nfs.html
>
> back to the drawing board.

It recommends against it, saying why, but doesn't say it can't be done.

I don't think UID spoofing would be an issue if your server was the only
thing that talked directly to the storage.  They have to be the right
user to talk to the mail server (username and password).

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.