Re: Can you query installed .src.rpm's - and delete them ?

David Timms wrote:
Hi, had a bit of a look for how to remove various src rpms that I've messed with when trying to track bags etc. I though they may be tracked in the rpm database, but google nor maximum rpm do not seem to have an answer.

a src rpm is little more than a cpio archive, they are not 'installed' as such, but unpacked into a location defined using the %_topdir rpm macro (defaults to /usr/src/redhat)

I can see they got installed under /usr/src/redhat, but what is the most foolproof way to get rid of particular ones ?

rm :)

A src rpm will have put files in
/usr/src/redhat/SPECS and /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES

if you have run rpmbuild commands, there may also be files in
/usr/src/redhat/BUILD
as well as the SRPMS and RPMS/<arch> subdirectories

removing the apprpriate files from these dirs will 'uninstall' the source packages.

Regards

Stuart Sears
--
Stuart Sears RHCA etc