Re: Codec location.

Erik P. Olsen wrote:
The FHS 2.3 document does not mention a location for codecs. Does Fedora have a "standard" location for them? Are they perhaps found through a defined path?

not AFAIK, but the 2  locations that I have seen used are
/usr/lib/win32
and
/usr/lib/codecs
on this system, win32 is a symlink to codecs

I am asking because I invariably run into situation where various programs can't find their codecs and in some cases even freezes the system.

you could also try something like an "strace -eopen <command>" to see which files an app is attempting to open... :)

Regards

Stuart Sears
--
Stuart Sears RHCA etc