Re: Can you query installed .src.rpm's - and delete - Solved

Mogens Kjaer wrote:
David Timms wrote:
I can see they got installed under /usr/src/redhat, but what is the most foolproof way to get rid of particular ones ?
Stuart: I used your delete key method for a few but found that bits of the SOURCES are all through that directory with other things I wanted to keep, Mogens found the following much neater method, thanks anyway...

A quick google search on "SRPMS remove" came up with:
drat. I was trying "remove src rpm" "delete .src.rpm" and so on.

Check page 9 on:
http://people.redhat.com/tcallawa/Callaway-RPMBestPractices-Summit2006.pdf
Excellent, thanks Mogens, Tom's pdf is actually quite a handy presentation. So: 1. .src.rpm {SRPMS} do not get installed into the rpm database; you can't use rpm to query whether they are present. You can check what spec files are in /usr/src/redhat/SPECS

2. you can use rpmbuild to remove an SRPM by:
# cd /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
# rpmbuild --rmsource --rmspec glglobe.spec

DaveT.