Can you query installed .src.rpm's - and delete - Solved

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Tue Jan 8 12:22:55 UTC 2008

Mogens Kjaer wrote:
> David Timms wrote:
>> I can see they got installed under /usr/src/redhat, but what is the
>> most foolproof way to get rid of particular ones ?
Stuart: I used your delete key method for a few but found that bits of
the SOURCES are all through that directory with other things I wanted to
keep, Mogens found the following much neater method, thanks anyway...

> A quick google search on "SRPMS remove" came up with:
drat. I was trying "remove src rpm" "delete .src.rpm" and so on.

> Check page 9 on:
> http://people.redhat.com/tcallawa/Callaway-RPMBestPractices-Summit2006.pdf
Excellent, thanks Mogens, Tom's pdf is actually quite a handy
presentation. So:
1. .src.rpm {SRPMS} do not get installed into the rpm database; you
can't use rpm to query whether they are present. You can check what spec
files are in /usr/src/redhat/SPECS

2. you can use rpmbuild to remove an SRPM by:
# cd /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
# rpmbuild --rmsource --rmspec glglobe.spec

DaveT.