odd library

I have discovered that pulseaudio uses the library "sndfile" which is not on F8. I found a tarball of sndfile and it put the libs in /usr/local/lib/. There I found a directory like this:

[karl k5di pkgconfig]$ ls
sndfile.pc

and this is supposed to make the lib known to this system. But it isn't and I dim recall you need to do something to make this lib known. Do any of you recall what it is?

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User