new wrt54g user questions

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Tue Jan 8 20:03:57 UTC 2008

Tom Poe wrote:
> I have the following:
> internet -> dsl modem -> wrt54g -> hub -> 2 desktops
>
> Now, I want to create internal network.  Is it just a matter of changing
> the desktop that represents the internal network to a different subnetwork?
> dsl modem = 192.168.0.1
> wrt54g = 192.168.0.1??
> desktop 1 = 192.168.0.2
> desktop 2 = 192.168.0.3
>
> What is the command that will list all the devices on the network?  I
> don't see anything called networkmanager.  Any help appreciated.
> Tom

What do you mean you want to create an internal network?  You already
/have/ an internal network.  I'm afraid this isn't a lot of information
to go on.  What exactly are you wanting?  NetworkManager is used to
manage network devices on the system you are running, not the entire
network (that I am aware of anyway).

Can you give us more detail?

--
Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem!

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support