FVWM in F8 [was: Re: Appalling desktop performance in F8]

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at ssa.crane.navy.mil
Tue Jan 8 22:12:25 UTC 2008

David Boles wrote, On 01/08/2008 03:00 PM:

> Todd Denniston wrote:
> | David Boles wrote, On 01/08/2008 11:55 AM:
> |

> | Ok, so I am guilty of skipping 5, 6 & 7, and just now getting around to
> | really playing with F8. :)
> |
> | Any suggestions (or URLs) on how to get fvwm into and working with the
> | gdm session menu, as gdm does not default to having fvwm listed along
> | with Gnome and kde?
> | Making that happen and getting it working with screen saver/locker was
> | the trouble I had when I compiled from source in FC3, and why I gave up
> | on using it with FC.
> |

> Caught ya'??  ;-)
>
> You have not installed fvwm in Fedora 8 have you? From the Fedora repos?
>
> I just  did to try this and it is listed in the 'sessions' section of the
> login screen and choosing it asks if you want it to be default. Which it
> does.
>
> Enjoy.
> - --

Hmmm.
Thought I installed it when I installed the system...
It is too bad anaconda will not let me point to the
linux/releases/8/Everything directory on the ext3 file system in the USB
connected hard drive as a repo while installing.

one `yum install fvwm` later...
OOOHH YES!!! now I have to remember how to configure it. :}

Thanks for the pointy stick. :)
--
Todd Denniston