Re: /dev/dvd1 instead of /dev/dvd ?

On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 18:00:01 -0500
Tom Horsley <tom horsley att net> wrote:

> Anyone know why The primary device is still /dev/sr0
> but the symlinks all have names like /dev/dvd1 now
> (I also have /dev/cdrw1, etc).

OK, I found the file:

/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-cd.rules

Comment says it was generated by /lib/udev/write_cd_rules
and I can change it if I want to. I did, and all is well.

Too bad write_cd_rules isn't smart enough to notice a
non-hotpluggable device is now gone and delete those
rules before writing new ones for the new device...