Re: Appalling desktop performance in F8

On Jan 8, 2008 4:16 PM, Timothy Murphy <gayleard eircom net> wrote:
> Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>
> > For the purpose of discussions in Fedora forums, "desktop" is an alias
> > of "Gnome desktop".
>
> Is that really true?

Yes.

> If it is, it seems very misleading to me.

I agree

> It's like saying, when I say "car" I mean "green car".

I agree

> > If you have KDE probs, you might want to create a
> > separate thread, see if we can help you at all.
>
> Are you saying that the desktop performance in F8
> is bad if you use Gnome, but not if you use KDE?

I wouldn't know, I don't use gnome. But the OP and first responser
were specifically referring to Gnome, ala the Fedora Desktop. So for
the sake of keeping things clean, would be good to seperate diff.
topics (kde/gnome) in diff. threads.

> [I use KDE, and haven't noticed any big difference between F7 and F8.]

That's good. The Fedora KDE team would appreciate your review/input.

( www.pembo13.com )