Bouncing closer to a solution?

Simon Slater pyevet at aapt.net.au
Wed Jan 9 03:13:40 UTC 2008

G'day all,
	Some more info has surfaced that may help track down why list mail is
bouncing off me ( see previous posts in thread
www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2007-October/msg03416.html ), but
I'm still out of my depth.  The list administrator sent a probe message
which I forwarded to the ISP.  This is what they said:

Probe:
This is the mail system at host vfep03.mfe.bur.connect.com.au.

                           The mail system

        <pyevet__aapt_net_au at vmb01.bur.connect.com.au>: host
localhost[127.0.0.1] said:
            442 Transaction failed; Message refused by BitDefender  (in
reply to end of
            DATA command)

ISP:
Thank you for your email.

Upon further review of these email headers it is saying that you are
blocking yourself.  Local Host 127.0.0.1 is your pc, and bitdefender has
blocked it, bitdefender being one of your security programs.

It may need to be disabled or one of the settings adjusted to allow this
email to be sent or received.

: host localhost[127.0.0.1] said:

442 Transaction failed; Message refused by BitDefender (in reply to end
of

DATA command)

	Now as far as I know I'm not running bitdefender (ps aux | grep bit*
shows nothing recognizable).  The ISP has passed the IP addresses to the
spam section to check they are not blocking anything.

	Thanks to everyone who advised me last year. I've been working on those
workarounds (slowly).  Still, I'm someone who always asks "Why is it
so?"  Does this extra info help identify where the block is?  If it is
me, how do I clear the blockage?

--
Regards
Simon