ATI driver: possible without livna/ATI's huge *.run one?

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Wed Jan 9 04:28:50 UTC 2008

Strong wrote:
> I would the first case but the repo.s I use (atrpms
> tigro rpmforge dries freshrpms) tell me that they are not compatible
> with the livna, because livna has some bad politics relating to other
> (these mentioned ones) repos.
As mentioned, you can use livna just for the ati driver.
It's a kernel module, it may conflict with the ati kernel modules at
those other repos if they package it - but if you don't try to install
their kernel module, nothing to worry about.

Also install livna-config-display

It lets you manage the kmod through a nice gui.