Re: Appalling desktop performance in F8

Nigel Henry wrote:
On Tuesday 08 January 2008 20:50, Paul Shaffer wrote:
I think maybe about the only thing my computer could do that I would find
appalling is if it caught on fire and somehow burned the house down.  That
would be appalling.

I actually know of someone who had that actually happen while they were on vacation. Perhaps we should all install sprinkler systems/water drenchers, just in case.

Nigel.
That's why I power everything off when I leave for any period of time.
I use to be an uptime freak - I don't care now. If I'm not home, it doesn't need to be powered on. I even power off the cable modem.

I know it is harder on hard drives, but I don't think it is that big of a deal.