Fedora 8 on laptop lenovo T61P

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Wed Jan 9 06:53:05 UTC 2008

Francois wrote:
> On mardi 8 janvier 2008, Chris Snell wrote:
>>> Is there a way to install F8 on it? Thanks. Francois
>> Install in text mode, then use the nvidia packages from the livna repo.
>>
>> More specific help here:
>> http://thinkwiki.org/wiki/Installing_Fedora_8_on_a_ThinkPad_T61p
>
> OK, I did what I found on the wiki, except the part about Mouse, as I do not
> have a pb with it.
> Now everything works like a charm, except one very important thing :
> wifi ;-(
> Now when I boot, I have a message like that : "error for wireless
> request "set mode (8B06)". Set failed on device wlan0. invalid argument.
>
> I have that message since I've updated the packages. When I just installed
> F8 from the DVD, I didn't get that warning, but the wifi didn't work
> though.
> The little led that shows that wifi is activated is off.
> Thank you for your help. Francois

Do you still have Windows installed?
Boot Windows and make sure the wireless works.

Then, keep fingers away from the wireless switch, my experience doesn't
give me much confidence in Linux' handling of that switch.

Try again. If the problem persists, we need to know what wireless you
have. As root,
lspci
Having identified the wireless card, post the result of
lspci -vvn -s <whatever the card is>

--

Cheers
John