Re: Disabling Pango in Firefox

wwp wrote:
Hello,

On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 15:50:41 +0000 Michael C <sieverfrisch yahoo ie> wrote:

Robert Nichols wrote:
Michael C wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew how to disable Pango in Firefox, as "pango" seems not to appear in any of the about:config settings.
Set MOZ_DISABLE_PANGO=1 in your environment before launching.

Rex Dieter wrote:
Michael C wrote:

I was wondering if anyone knew how to disable Pango in Firefox, as
"pango" seems not to appear in any of the about:config settings.
export MOZ_DISABLE_PANGO=1 firefox

-- Rex

Thanks, that does seem to have speeded up rendering (for the time being, at least ;))

I didn't really noticed a difference, but maybe I'd need a "proper"
test to see the impact on performances (according to my system speed).
Just curious, what is supposed to do MOZ_DISABLE_PANGO=1 exactly, or
same question w/ MOZ_DISABLE_PANGO=0 :-)? Is this just towards speed or
is there an impact on any feature or visual impact?

Regards,

You're right. As I'd suspected, any speed improvements were purely down
to relieving the memory leak on rebooting!