Pulseaudio Works - see wiki upgrade notes ;)

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Wed Jan 9 13:15:31 UTC 2008

David Timms wrote:
> Karl Larsen wrote:
>>    He said to get these things:
>>
>> yum groupinstall sound-and-video gnome-desktop
>>> yum install libflashsupport paman padevchooser
>>>
>>> and you should get the full pulseaudio setup.
>
> That process is mentioned on the fedora project wiki:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/YumUpgradeFaq#head-56b13936246769f517ac488a0098d193c7fc3600
>
> , specifically to do with yum upgrades from F7 to F8. However, I did
> the same following my F7->F8 dvd upgrade, and it has fixed a few audio
> issues I was seeing.
>
> DaveT.

    I loaded F8 from the dvd and audio was not working. Advise from the
list said to deleat some rpm's and it did fix the problem. Then updates
built a partial pulseaudio again and I had audio problems. Removed the
updates and it was good again.

    Then got curious why I want to have pulseaudio and did a google and
joined their list and still don't know what it does :-)

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User