Re: Pulseaudio Works - see wiki upgrade notes ;)

Karl Larsen wrote:

   He said to get these things:

yum groupinstall sound-and-video gnome-desktop
yum install libflashsupport paman padevchooser

and you should get the full pulseaudio setup.

That process is mentioned on the fedora project wiki:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/YumUpgradeFaq#head-56b13936246769f517ac488a0098d193c7fc3600 , specifically to do with yum upgrades from F7 to F8. However, I did the same following my F7->F8 dvd upgrade, and it has fixed a few audio issues I was seeing.

DaveT.

   I loaded F8 from the dvd and audio was not working.

Did you upgrade from an F7 install or start from scratch?

> Advise from the
list said to deleat some rpm's and it did fix the problem. Then updates built a partial pulseaudio again and I had audio problems. Removed the updates and it was good again.

Then got curious why I want to have pulseaudio and did a google and joined their list and still don't know what it does :-)

http://www.linux.com/feature/119926
It solves the problem of having too many audio frameworks and tools by adding more - the network-session proxy being the part that might have been a problem in the other sets.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell gmail com