LDAP be killing me. I need a good step by step

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Wed Jan 9 21:10:19 UTC 2008

On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 14:44:24 -0600
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

> Having made it work, you are the expert...  Do you think it could be
> done better?  Or is there some reason that the configuration used in
> one place can't work in another?

I have not really followed the thread - but to cut to the chase (for me
at least) is your ldap server working as in; Windows AD is doing a one
way sync to your ldap server?

To me - this is the most important piece of the puzzle. I have tried
about a year ago to setup an OS ldap server in our AD domain, but was
never able to either find docs on the above, or figure it out.

I tallied it up to the fact that I'm too new to Linux to have gotten it
to work - then again, many users I come across have wanted to do what I
want to do - simply, have AD do a one way sync to my ldap server,
period.

Thoughts?

--
Best regards,