system-config-network sees Broadcom BC4309 as an ethernet device instead of a wireless device

Hi,

I have a problem in that system-config-network sees the wireless card as a ethernet card so I don't know how to configure it. b43 is not listed in /usr/share/system-config-network/module-info but the b43 kernel module is present.

I've just installed 2.6.23.9-85.fc8 on a Dell D800 laptop and have done all the updates. The wireless board works according to iwconfig. The board is a Broadcom BC4309 and the driver is b43. I have installed the b43, b43legacy and bcm43xx driver files in /lib/firmware

Can anybody help please?

Peter