system-config-network sees Broadcom BC4309 as an ethernet device instead of a wireless device

Peter Metcalf peter.metcalf at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Jan 9 22:52:18 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have a problem in that system-config-network sees the wireless card as
a ethernet card so I don't know
how to configure it. b43 is not listed in
/usr/share/system-config-network/module-info but the b43 kernel module
is present.

I've just installed 2.6.23.9-85.fc8 on a Dell D800 laptop and have done
all the updates. The wireless board works according to iwconfig.
The board is a Broadcom BC4309 and the driver is b43. I have installed
the b43, b43legacy and bcm43xx driver files in /lib/firmware

Can anybody help please?

Peter