Re: Can you query installed .src.rpm's - and delete them ?

On 2008-01-08, David Timms <dtimms iinet net au> wrote:

> Hi, had a bit of a look for how to remove various src rpms that I've
> messed with when trying to track bags etc. I though they may be tracked
> in the rpm database, but google nor maximum rpm do not seem to have an
> answer.
>
> I can see they got installed under /usr/src/redhat, but what is the most
> foolproof way to get rid of particular ones ?

.src.rpm's aren't really intended to be "installed" as such; rather they
are intended to be built into binary packages via the "rpmbuild"
utility.

When you install a .src.rpm using the "rpm" utility, all that happens is
that the source tarball and various patches get installed into
/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES, and the .spec file gets installed into
/usr/src/redhat/SPECS; it is not tracked in the rpm database until a
binary package is built and installed from the source tarball and
patches.

--

John (john os2 dhs org)