Problem with Kmail filters

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Jan 10 11:20:47 UTC 2008

On Thursday 10 January 2008, Tony Molloy wrote:
>On Wednesday 09 January 2008 08:05:24 pm David Boles wrote:
>> Gene Heskett wrote:
>> | On Wednesday 09 January 2008, Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
>> | I also resorted to that, but I think I had to restart kde to get the
>> | mods to show in the filters window.  And sometime later, a day perhaps,
>> | I noticed that the normal edit functions seem to be restored.  And that
>> | some of my edits had disappeared from the file, probably because they
>> | were just cruft, the functions I wanted remained.
>>
>> I thought that it was common knowledge that after a KDE update you needed
>> to restart (logout - login) KDE? It was like that several years ago. Same
>> with GNOME.
>>
>> --
>>

>> ~  David
>
>Ok maybe I should have said at the start of this thread that I use gnome not
>kde.
>
>Tony
And now its back again, everything in the filters menu is read-only.

On a restart, I get this in a shell:
[root at coyote ~]# kmail &
[1] 24899
[root at coyote ~]# WeaverThreadLogger: thread (ID: 1) suspended.
WeaverThreadLogger: thread (ID: 2) suspended.
WeaverThreadLogger: thread (ID: 3) suspended.
WeaverThreadLogger: thread (ID: 4) suspended.

Then when I try to edit a filter, I get this on the press of the apply button
and the edits are cleared.  This is beginning to be a PITA...

QInputContext: cannot create input context for non-toplevel widgets
QInputContext: cannot create input context for non-toplevel widgets

Please, what can we do about this.  FWIW, there are also messages about it on
the kde-pim list.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)