Encrypting a partition

Luciano Rocha strange at nsk.no-ip.org
Thu Jan 10 15:44:00 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 12:31:25AM +0900, Msquared wrote:
> > More information about the subject is always welcome. The ideal thing
> > would be for upstream support for the most usual methods mentioned
> > (including during install).
>
> I agree, but I wanted to play with it right now (couldn't wait for
> something to be included), so I wrote my own patch based on some
> information already on the net and improved it a lot.

You misunderstand me. If you could add support to anaconda to install to
a encrypted physical volume, tidy any patch of yours, and submit it
upstream, more users will benefit. :)

Also, I misunderstood your webpage. As it mentions "encrypting the root
filesystem" repeatedly, I assumed you encrypted single logical volumes,
not the whole physical volume. Encrypting the PV makes it more
interesting.

--
lfr
0/0