Skype and gMFSK and PA

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Thu Jan 10 16:13:56 UTC 2008

    I got pulseaudio working on F8 and the normal audio on movies and
such is fine. But I tried gMFSK which is an application that uses the
sound-card DSP engine. It looks fine but when I try to receive digital
data it suffers very bad interference and it will not transmit because
it says /dev/dsp is busy.

    Sype comes up fine and appears to receive data but when I try to
call anyone or answer a call they can't hear me at all, and all I hear
is noise.

    Both of these applications I use daily and do not work even with PA
turned off on the Pulseaudio Manager. This doesn't seem to turn off the
part of PA that is attached to the sound-card DSP.

    So I must remove pulseaudio from my system again. It does appear to
work but it has side effects that are not acceptable to me.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User