Re: Google Earth

Antonio M wrote:
2008/1/10, Paul Lemmons <paul lemmons tmcaz com>:
-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: Google Earth
From: Karl Larsen <k5di zianet com>
To: For users of Fedora <fedora-list redhat com>
Date: 01/10/2008 09:16 AM

Ed Greshko wrote:
Karl Larsen wrote:
   It sounds to me since it does the same thing on F7 and F8 that
there might be a problem with google-earth. It might be that it is
designed to work in the ubuntu operating system.
You need to put :-) at the end of your sentences when you are making a
joke.  Otherwise some people may actually take you seriously.

Google Earth is working just fine for me under RHELv4, RHELv5, and F8.

   No Joke. This software will not run on MY F8. I wonder what you did
to your F8 to make it work?

Karl

Does

$ glxinfo | grep direct
direct rendering: Yes

Say "Yes" for you?

$ glxinfo | grep direct
direct rendering: No (If you want to find out why, try setting
LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose)
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa GLX Indirect

and it is working with nv driver in FC9 rawhide :-)

This is hard to explain, but in a non-root terminal I put glxinfo | grep direct and my screen went blank, much like it does with google earth, and after a few seconds I had to reboot from init level 3!

   It appears glxinfo is not working right on my F8.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User