Re: Wireless network problems - Dell Inspiron 1501

Aaron Konstam wrote:

> 2. It makes no sees for the essid to show up in the ifcfg-x file. How
> would that support connecting in a different environments? It does not
> appear in my ifcfg-eth1.

If you are not running NM, I think you must give the ESSID
in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-<if>.
Where else would you put it?

[The OP spoke of two attempts, one using NM and one not.
I was addressing the latter.]

Different environments are supported using the profile mechanism,
in principle at least.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366