Google Earth

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Thu Jan 10 22:59:02 UTC 2008

Chris Jones wrote:

>>    This is hard to explain, but in a non-root terminal I put glxinfo
>> | grep direct and my screen went blank, much like it does with google
>> earth, and after a few seconds I had to reboot from init level 3!
>>
>>    It appears glxinfo is not working right on my F8.
>
> Hate to tell you, but if running glxinfo causes your machine to drop
> to init 3 (i.e. X dies) then your system is terminally unwell. This is
> not normal.
>
> If I recall correctly you have installed the nvidia driver yourself,
> using the nvidia installer ? I would suggest this is screwed up.
>
> Chris

Nope it was loading and un-loading pulseaudio that screwed it up. Those
stupid rpm's sent out by Fedora are MADE with the thing I used. You
can't get it in your heads that Nvidia built the video hardware and they
are good enough to provide a driver for both Windows and Linux. If it
doesn't work on Fedora, it's a Fedora problem!

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User