What Is A Good Web Application Framework?

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Fri Jan 11 01:33:22 UTC 2008

Can anyone suggest a good web application framework?

I'm about to give Catalyst a try. It appears to have been most recently
released in October. It is Perl based which concerns me because I'm not
deeply experienced in PHP.

CodeIgniter hasn't been updated since July 2007. That concerns me unless
it is really mature.

Zend Framework looks like it is going to become commercial software,
paid-for variety. I've been playing with it and it has been difficult,
but this might be because I'm not deeply experienced in PHP.

Bob