Google Earth

Duane Clark fpga at pacbell.net
Fri Jan 11 02:57:27 UTC 2008

Karl Larsen wrote:
>     Well of course I have the Nvidia driver and have used it on about 5
> or 6 new kernels with success. But I didn't know I should tell it not to
> update gtk stuff. I will try it tonight when this F7 comes up stupid
> without a good kernel driver. But this time I will make sure all we do
> is make a new kernel driver. See what happens as I drop back to init 3
> without any  GUI running.

Using the livna repackaged nvidia driver, there is no need to worry
about that; you won't need to "make a new kernel driver", and you won't
need to drop back to init 3 to install it. It is just an ordinary:
  yum install kmod-nvidia

And it will automatically get updated when livna updates the driver,
assuming you have the Fedora yum update thingy (I forget what it is
called) running.