How to add pam_mkhomedir to login with F8

Thompson Freeman tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Fri Jan 11 04:55:09 UTC 2008

On 01/10/2008 09:45:45 PM, Christopher K. Johnson wrote:
> Thompson Freeman wrote:
> >
> >  I would like to add the pam_mkhomedir.so module to the login
> sequence.
>
> rpm -qd pam
> lists documentation included in the pam rpm, which includes
> /usr/share/doc/pam-0.99.8.1/txts/README.pam_mkhomedir
>
> In that file is a description including an example of the
> configuration
> you seek.

Yup. Right there just like you noted.

I inserted the pam_mkhomedir.so line in the approximately equivelent
location in the Fedora version of the /etc/pam.d/login file, and no
joy. The system is moaning about a lack of permissions to create the
home directory. I'm beginning to suspect a conflict with selinux in
this project.

Maybe a little more rumbling around and then bugzilla ?