pwc+webcam issues in F8

wwp subscript at free.fr
Fri Jan 11 09:45:06 UTC 2008

Hello Huub,

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 08:24:43 +0100 Huub <huubvanniekerk at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Do you have anything related to pwc in /etc/modprobe.conf?
>
> No. Do you (and if so: what?).

I don't know what pwc module option could prevent it from loading w/o a
single trace in system logs. Here I have (remainings from the old times):

#options pwc index=1
remove pwc { /usr/sbin/alsactl store 1 >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; }; /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove pwc

But nothing that helps I'm afraid.

> > Are you able to test another V4L device/application? Is it shown by
> > lsusb (or /proc/bus/usb/devices)?
>
> lsusb only shows the attached HP DeskJet 940 and hub.

Problems seems at kernel level (USB layer probably). Did you try
plugging the webcam to an USB HUB (self powered or not), and plugging
this external USB HUB to the machine itself?

Regards,

--
wwp