Thread Stealing [was Installing MP3 for Amarok? How?]

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Fri Jan 11 17:21:06 UTC 2008

> Hmm.  I wonder if what is happening is that since I do not have a mailing
> address list yet for this email client, what I do from time to time is to
> reply to a random thread, clear the subject and body fields, and begin a new
> subject/body message and then fire it away.
>
> Wow.
>
> I had ASSUMED that I had a blank slate.  I guess what you see is not what you
> get?  Is this what is happening?  If so, this is mind-blowing for me as I did
> this unconsciously while focusing on what I wanted to write.

If you want you can look at *all* the headers any given email has. In
thunderbird you can just do "View -> Message Source" (or hit control-U)
- You might be surprised to see how much additional info is in there you
don't otherwise see.

In kmail I think it is "View -> Headers -> All Headers"

> So, I guess I MUST initiate/create a NEW message, and either type in the To:
> field or get it from the address book?  Don't just grab a thread and create a
> new message.  Wow.

Yes that is correct.

Chris