Problem with Kmail filters

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Jan 11 19:26:04 UTC 2008

On Friday 11 January 2008, Lamar Owen wrote:
>On Thursday 10 January 2008, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Can you recall how you did it?  smart-gui and yumex/rpm both refuse to do
>> it here.
>
>Do you have yum-allowdowngrade installed?   This adds a command-line option
> to yum (appropriately enough called '--allow-downgrade' that will allow you
> to downgrade packages with full dependency solving.
>--
>Lamar Owen
>www.pari.edu

After having done as I described in the previous message, and restarting x, I
think most of my problems are alleviated, I can now edit a kmail filter and
switch the messages header views as I wish.

But now pup is trying to convince me to update my kdepim packages.  Please,
Rex or Rahul, do us a favor and nuke those two kdepim-3.5.8-10 and
kdepim-libs-3.5.8-10 from the F8 i386 repo's hopefully never to be seen again
until they have been replaced with fully working versions.

How can I put a lock, or better yet, an 'ignore' on those two specific
packages-version-numbers for pup, smart, or yum?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)