vpnc - remote connect without local internet access

I am not sure which vpnc update changed the behavior, but now I can't
access the internet when connected to work via vpnc.  I noticed that
when I connect, my resolv.conf file is updated.  Unfortunately, this
information (from work) either hasn't been updated or is just wrong,
as I can't even ping yahoo.com.

Is there a setting to change the default behavior to use my dns
settings for all local traffic - basically have it behave as it "used"
to?

Goal: vpnc is used only to connect to work sites, everything else
remains the same.

Thanks,

Ken