Re: Upgrade Hard Drive

jdow wrote:
From: "Michael Wiktowy" <michael wiktowy gmail com>
Sent: Wednesday, 2008, January 09 11:25

- quadruple check the if= and of= targets ... then check them again
... there is no quicker way of hosing all your data than getting those
reversed.

Self fondly remembers when I was working with SCSI drives that actually
had a "read only" jumper you could set. I absolutely LOVED that protection
measure.

and I reflect on some clones of IBM's 3330-1 drives that had a nice big switch on top. Can't recall the brand now, wasn't Memorex. We bought Memorex drives, but not there.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait