WARNING: Flash might kill all your sound

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Jan 12 00:49:57 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-01-12 at 01:37 +0100, Mark wrote:
> Hey,
>
> i don't know if this is known or not but i recently installed the
> Flash RPM from the macromedia site [1]. If you install that plugin and
> than use start a flash animation that uses sound you might kill all
> the sound on your system. I didn't trace the problem in details but a
> fix for it is to restart your pc (sad) or just to leave flash out of
> your linux box.
>
> I hope this helps some people.
>

> [1] http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash
----
I don't know, flash works ok for me but I am probably just dumb and
lucky I guess.

Noticeably absent from your description is:
- which version of Fedora you are using
- which version of Flash Player Plugin you used
- errors reported on screen, in syslog or dmesg
- whether you installed libflashsupport (F8)
- which sound system you are using
- what the response was from Adobe when you reported the problem

Craig