Dell E192WFP Flat Panel

Mike -- EMAIL IGNORED m_d_berger_1900 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 12 00:13:58 UTC 2008

I just acquired a Dell E192WFP Flat Panel Monitor and installed
it on a box running FC7.  I see that a driver for that model is
not listed in system-config-display, although E207WFP is listed.
I got it working with the Generic LCD Display, as well as a
hand edit of /etc/X11/xorg.conf to force 1440x900 under
System "Monitor".  Additionally, I had to preset display
parameters using a CRT monitor before the flat panel would
display at all.

Questions:

1. Since it appears to be working, would there be any benefit in
   getting the correct driver.

2. If originally I had the correct driver, would less fiddling
   have been required?

3. Where could I get the driver, and how do I install it?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Mike.