RE: Easy to use Linux scanner

That should have said a "Fujitsu ScanSnap S500"

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces redhat com
[mailto:fedora-list-bounces redhat com]On Behalf Of Arch Willingham
Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2008 12:32 PM
To: fedora-list redhat com
Subject: Easy to use Linux scanner

I have gotten a scanner to work with Linux. I used Xsane and it worked fine for me. The kicker is that it was a pain in the but# for an end user to use (the software was not intuitive at all for a typical dip wad). One of our other users has a Windows based scanner (Fujitsu ScanSnap S300) that all you do is walk up, drop the paper in and push a button. The paper shoots through and the document gets scanned. They don't have to do anything except press a button (kind of like a copier).

Has anyone had any experience with a scanner like this with Linux?

Thanks!

Arch