Re: can't go to single user mode

adrian kok wrote:
Hi all

i follow this instruction to edit kuzdu / init / grub
/ inittab
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Remote-Serial-Console-HOWTO/

but i can't go to single user mode when I select the
title "title Fedora Core (2.6.18-1.2798.fc6) single
user mode"

Do you have idea?

I did this a few years ago on RHL 7.3. I think that support for serial in grub is a compile-time option and that I had to build grub for myself.

I was also testing network booting with grub, and I did have to build grub for myself for that.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait