Re: Where is boot loader installed in a RAID1 configuration?

Erik P. Olsen wrote:
Brian Chadwick wrote:
when the installer asks where to put the bootloader, even though it says /dev/sdb, change it to say /dev/sda ...

I've done that but it changes it back to /sdb :-(

Oh, I forgot the advanced option for the boot loader. Now I changed it to /dev/sda1 and ran the installation to completion. But after the reboot that the installer requested I just got a series of beeps and a black screen with the word GRUB in the upper left corner.

Does this mean that I can't boot from a RAID1 device?

--
Erik.