Where is boot loader installed in a RAID1 configuration?

Erik P. Olsen erik at epo.dk
Sun Jan 13 13:19:01 UTC 2008

Erik P. Olsen wrote:
> Brian Chadwick wrote:
>> when the installer asks where to put the bootloader, even though it
>> says /dev/sdb, change it to say /dev/sda ...
>>
> I've done that but it changes it back to /sdb :-(

Oh, I forgot the advanced option for the boot loader. Now I changed it to
/dev/sda1 and ran the installation to completion. But after the reboot that the
installer requested I just got a series of beeps and a black screen with the
word GRUB in the upper left corner.

Does this mean that I can't boot from a RAID1 device?

--
Erik.