Re: ipod

peter lesterhuis wrote:
Hi,
I followed the thread about the useability of ipods with linux. I just bought an ipod (nano 3rd gen, 4 Gb) for my daughter's birthday. When I connected the ipod to my box the filesystem of the hard disk was not recognized. I rebooted into WinXP, which configured the filesystem into vfat. Back to fedora8 the ipod was being recognized: an icon appeared on the desktop, the mountpoint seemed to be /media/IPOD. The problem is that I can't get gtkpod to load the ipod. When I start gtkpod this message pops up:
Error initialising iPod: Couldn't find the iPod firewire ID
Newly mounted iPod at '/media/IPOD' could not be loaded into gtkpod.
The ipod is connected via usb, not firewire. Included with the ipod was only a cable with a usb-plug.
How can I get gtkpod to work, using this connection?
I tried amarok, but here the same problem.
Peter

Others here might be able to give you more direct help but I would start by checking the bottom of /var/log/messages after connecting it to see if you find anything of interest.

Richard