Fedora/Linux as a USB Drive

max maximilianbianco at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 19:16:59 UTC 2008

Adalbert Prokop wrote:
> max wrote on Sunday 13 January 2008:
>

>> It sounds like what he wants is to connect two computers together with
>> a cable and have them treat one another like flash drives.
>>

> I'm aware of it. :) And in my last paragraph I tried to point out how
> difficult that would be even in theory. Of course it is theoretically
> possible, but I never heard of something like this. YMMV. :)

I don't see why it should be difficult but I have to admit I have not
tried such a thing. What's the difference between mounting an IPOD via
usb and another computer? I don't see that it is that different. The
computers have the advantage of knowing each others language, so to
speak, I could see the benefit in communicating this way between
machines and sharing a single network interface or simply plugging to
machines together to distribute a compiling job.

-Max