Pulseaudio

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 20:20:18 UTC 2008

Craig White wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-01-13 at 11:46 -0700, Karl Larsen wrote:
>> Nigel Henry wrote:
>
>>     Thanks Nigel. I guess the lesson learned is to not use yum to remove.
> ----
> what yum giveth, yum can taketh away and vice versa.
>
> It doesn't really matter because you can add it back in again anyway.
>
> yum install alsa-plugins-pulseaudio
>
> gets all of it back.
>
> Not only am I sure that using yum to remove a package wasn't a case of a
> lesson to be learned, I am convinced that you have learned nothing of
> significant value at all. That you believe that you can draw significant
> conclusions based upon a lack of knowledge seems to be the lesson that
> eludes you most of all.

If you are trying to teach something here, get down to the basics. This
has nothing to do with yum itself.  How does someone know that the
correct thing to remove/add is alsa-plugins-pulseaudio instead of
pulseaudio?  I don't see anything intuitive there, so where do you find
that piece of information?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com