[Fwd: LiveCD with KDE-4.0.0]

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sun Jan 13 21:44:54 UTC 2008

Andrew Parker wrote:

> The following are observations based on running from the Live CD.
>
>>From the start menu (or whatever it is called now) and searching for
> 'konqueror' yields 4 apps called konqueror with no apparent difference
> between them.
> On completing a level in KBounce, the message displayed is too big for
> the window, so you miss the beginning and end of the first line.

At least you got Fedora running.
In my case, the cursor hung from the beginning,
after installing on the hard disk of a ThinkPad T43.
Any suggestions of a way round this?

What is surprising is that before installing on the hard disk,
the Live CD (on a USB stick) ran fine.

> On the new KMenu in the "Leave" page, clicking on logout brings up a
> window asking if I want to log out/shutdown or reboot (but I have
> already made my choice when I clicked on logout) so I'm forced to find
> the same option again.  Presumably this is instead of a confirmation
> window?  Its a similar problem for shutdown and reboot, except that
> for shutdown the language on the second window is different (it says
> "turn off computer").

Isn't this a general annoyance?
The number of times you are asked what you want to do,
and then asked if you really want to do it,
seems to me to be steadily increasing.
I want to scream "Are you deaf? I just told you.
Would I have clicked on logout if I didn't want to logout?"

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366