MSI K9MM-v mother board network problems

Hi,
I have a new MSI K9MM-V motherboard (AMD 64 X2) with a 4000+ dual AMD cpu.
There were no indicated problems with the installation.
The onboard network interface eth0 works fine when I a browsing the
Internet.
When I try to copy files over the LAN (scp, ftp, samba), the interface stops
working.
When I used Ethereal, it hung on a retransmit request repeatedly.

I don't find any issues in Google except the MTU size.

The drivers supplied with the MB are pretty old - up to FC 3.
I am using the drivers supplied with FC 8

How can I determine if It is
* Configuration
* Drivers
* Defective mother board?