Updates

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Mon Jan 14 04:02:50 UTC 2008

Craig White wrote:
> and by the way, feel free to help out Karl with his conflicts. I'm
> heading to bed

OK....

As noted in an earlier message, I managed to recreate what I believe is
Karl's original problem.  In doing so I've rediscovered what others are
probably fully aware of, but I am not for the simple reason that I don't
use either the freshrpms or livna repos...

Simply put, (feel free to respond with "I told you so") both repos
contain vlc, x264 and other packages.  These repos are mutually
exclusive.  Unless you are interested in inflicting pain on yourself do
not, at any time, enable both.  And never, ever....unless you know what
you are doing use more than one of these on your installed system.  Pick
one...and stay with it.

So, Karl, unless you really know what you've done (as in kept detailed
notes) you may best be served by starting over again and picking ONE of
these repos and using it and only it.  As you've stated, you're not
smart enough to deal with the complexities that are introduced by using
multiple 3rd party repos.

--
No house is childproofed unless the little darlings are in straitjackets.