Error help: There is no default action associated with this location

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Jan 14 11:22:20 UTC 2008

Tom McQ wrote:
> Jim,
>
> Thank you much for the simple idea. I opened the File Browser (which
>  apparently is part of or is Nautilus) window for my home directory,
>  selected the Up function to switch to /home, right-clicked on my
> home folder, selected Open with other application, then selected File
>  Browser. Once I did that, all items in my Places menu began working
> again. Amazing.

> I still don't know where Nautilus stores the file associations, how
> file associations for the "file:" protocol got corrupted on my
> computer, or why this Open with other application created a permanent
>  fix. But your solution worked and fixed the problem at hand -- at
> least for the "file:" protocol.

> Many thanks.
>
> -Tom

I'm glad the simple fix worked out for you. Hopefully this problem was
only a one of a kind problem. I really don't know for sure where the
information is stored and hopefully never need to know.

Jim

--
No part of this message may reproduce, store itself in a retrieval system,
or transmit disease, in any form, without the permissiveness of the author.