Re: Decorum needs to be raised.

Thomas Cameron wrote:
: On Thu, 2008-01-03 at 19:18 -0800, Leslie Satenstein wrote:
: > I have been in IT for 40 years, and in that time I learned a lesson or
: > two.
:
: <snip most excellent observations and advice>
:
: I don't actually buy into this, but it an interesting take on
: communications with really bright people:
:
: http://www.mit.edu/~jcb/tact.html
:
: Again, I don't think there is any excuse for not at least starting out
: being nice - I believe in the whole "do unto others as you'd have them
: do unto you" thing.  But it is an interesting point of view.

Thanks for the "tact filter" link!  I think the author his hit on a
little piece of wisdom here.

But he may have missed one type of person: the person who (for
whatever reason) has no "tact filter" at all.  Thus much of what he
says is offensive to normal people (and he has no sense that it is)
and much he hears from normal people (no matter how tactfully spoken)
is offensive to him.  I known a few people like this.

Dean