Installing from Fedora Live CD

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Mon Jan 14 21:21:50 UTC 2008

Aaron Konstam wrote:

>> My question was: can one install Fedora-8 itself,
>> either from the iso on a hard disk, or over a LAN?
>>
>> I guess one could install the Live CD,
>> and then use this to install the full Fedora-8.
>> But is there a more direct way?
>>
> The install icon installs F8 not the Live CD

I clicked on the Install on Hard Disk button,
and a Fedora system was indeed installed on my hard disk.
[It did not work - I used the KDE-4 Live CD -
but that is a separate issue.]

By "full Fedora-8" I mean of course the system one would get
by installing from the Fedora-8 DVD.
I don't see how this could be squashed onto the Live CD.

In any case, I was given no choice of what packages I wanted to install
when I clicked on the Install button.
I assume that a small subset of the packages on the Fedora DVD
were included.

I guess that one could first install that,
and then use this to install from the Fedora DVD.
My question was: Is there a more direct way of doing this?

I'm actually going to try first to install over the net with PXEboot.
If that doesn't work I'll try installing the old KDE-3.5 Live CD,
and install the DVD from that.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366