Re: Updates SOLVED!

Michael Schwendt wrote:
On 14/01/2008, Karl Larsen <k5di zianet com> wrote:
(13/20): vlc-0.8.6d-1.fc8 100% |=========================| 1.3 MB
00:49
http://ayo.ie.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/8/i386/freshrpms/RPMS/vlc-0.8.6d-1.fc8.i386.rpm:
[Errno -1] Package does not match intended download
Trying other mirror.

In case there's a bad freshrpms mirror somewhere, display

  http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/8/mirrors-freshrpms

in your favourite browser and download+verify the vlc package
manually. The http://werewolf.freshrpms.net/ site shows that the vlc
package is from early December, so should be old enough to be
available on all mirrors. The mirror I'm offered is

http://ayo.ie.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/8/$ARCH/freshrpms/

You could edit your freshrpms.repo file and enable the baseurl= line
instead of the mirror list. Anyway, no hard problem.

Well the web address you recommend is not there anymore. I did d/l the darn vlc file which is 7.7 mb for sure.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User