max wrote:
Karl Larsen wrote:
Ed Greshko wrote:
Karl Larsen wrote:

[root localhost ~]# yum install vlc
Setting up Install Process
Parsing package install arguments
Resolving Dependencies

The yum is not looking for a repo to get this mess. How can this be? I have removed all livna repos but it does not even use them.

Hasn't this thread gotten too long.  GO GIANTS!!!!

See you in Green Bay,

Max
It was hard to do things on the computer and watch My Cowgirls get beat again. Hard to understand but it appears the Q'back has forgot how to pass.

Karl

The way things are going on this thread , i don't know that I'd split my attention between the computer and the television.

4th and game ......interception!!!!GO GIANTS!!!

-Max

I went the manual way. I used rpm -i rpmname and it printed a long list of dependents and I one by satisfied the dependents. But when I tried to load the vlc file it gave me this:

[root localhost Desktop]# rpm -i --force vlc-0.8.6d-1.fc8.i386.rpm
error: unpacking of archive failed on file /usr/bin/vlc;478c1014: cpio: read

This makes me think the rpm file is bad. What do you think?

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User